Monday, May 16, 2011

Goodbye till August Blacksburg!

The summer is finally here!  I know I’m not the best writer, so here goes nothing.  I want to be able to look back on this blog and remember what a great summer I had.  My posts probably won’t be too long, but hopefully they’ll at least be entertaining.
I just finished packing my room at Virginia Tech.  I was the last RA to leave and campus was just so empty! But moving out solo does have its advantages; I drove my car up the sidewalk and parked about 5 feet from my bedroom door.  That sped things up considerably, plus it’s just fun to drive around in between the residence halls! Everyone should do it (but do try to avoid getting a ticket). 

Once all my stuff was packed, I had to go say bye to Matt.  Matt’s my boss, whose graduating this year.  He’s the only person on campus who’s always up at 3 or 4 in the morning like I am.  He’s one of the smartest people I’ve met and his Machiavellian nature meant we could have intellectually stimulating conversations on any topic without fear of being judged for entertaining a hyper-rational thought (Think “A Modest Proposal”). I’ll miss him next year, good luck at Vanderbilt Medical!

Finally, I leave Blacksburg and head over to Roanoke.  I’m supposed to call my Dad and one of my friends when I get here.  Instead, due to only sleeping 1.5 hours the night before, I pass out until 2 am.  Anyways I’m up now and looking over the final arrangements I need to do before I leave Roanoke on Saturday: Say hi to everyone in Roanoke, get a physical, order contacts, pack for 2.5 months, cut my hair and, of course, go to the rescue squad!

No comments:

Post a Comment